5 Foods to reduce Cholesterol
Cholesterol is not necessarily bad for your health, it has several health benefits too.
Blood cholesterol serves/assists in body functions like:
1. Building cell membrane structures.
2. Producing hormones like estrogen, testosterone and adrenal.
3. Producing Vitamin D and proper functioning of metabolism.
4. Digestion, by producing bile acids.
It doesn’t imply that you must indulge in high cholesterol foods. Reason being, your body is capable of producing cholesterol on its own. There are basically two types of cholesterols :
a. LDL (Low-density lipoprotein) or bad cholesterol – since it can clog up your arteries which may cause heart attack.
b. HDL (High-density lipoprotein) or good cholesterol – since it helps remove excess cholesterol out of the cells, including cells in the arteries.
Dietary tips to avoid high cholesterol :
1. Avoid bakery products, fast-food and takeaways. Animal products specifically red meat intake should be monitored/carefully picked if you have high cholesterol.
2. Seafood on the other hand is good for health.
3. Increase intake of fresh fruit, vegetables and whole grain foods.
Healthy Lifestyle like avoiding alcohol & smoking and regular exercise could help you keep your cholesterol and blood sugar levels in check.
Note: This is a informatory message and not necessarily applicable to every individual. Each individual has different needs based on his/her body type.
Please consult Doctors if you are facing any serious medical issues.